TEXT Mommy's Home: The Olympics are here

Friday 3 August 2012

The Olympics are here

My kids love television. I get them to watch some educational stations but most of the time it is stuck on Treehouse or Disney Junior. Then the Olympics started. They are now looking at the gymnastics and the diving. It also happens to be what I'm currently watching as well.

The kids are watching it because of the jumping. They love to see the athletes leaping and naturally my kids think they can do the same feat in our house. Our couch arm is now the launching pad and the cushions are the safety.

These are the same kids that exhibit fear when going down a new slide but will readily jump off with nary a care in the world. The fits of laughter and squealing when they make the jumps is deafening at times.

I am seriously going to look into putting one of the kids in gymnastics soon if he keeps it up. I don't care if their growth will be stunted, according to the hubby, as long as they are having fun. Besides they've been doing the routine awhile now.


What Olympic sports did you want to compete in when you were a kid?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT. My kids have been watching it with me as well (mainly because I can't stop ;)

    As I kid I used to love watching the 100 metre dash and biking in summer and most of the winter sports.

    Remember when the summer and winter Olympics were all in 1 year? So much TV watching those years!

    ReplyDelete