TEXT Mommy's Home: Prancercise or as I call it, walk like a kid.

Thursday 30 May 2013

Prancercise or as I call it, walk like a kid.


Today I came across a video called Prancercise: A Fitness Workout.  It got me thinking about my kids.  They walk swinging their arms as wildly as they can. They step over imaginary things in the sidewalk and run and jump as though they have been set loose.


The lady in the video said that she adapted this exercise from a horse's gait. It is great exercise for the parent that is chasing the kid that is galloping away.

I love and hate this stage. I hate that they can get 
hurt because they are not the best listeners when having fun. But I love this stage because it shows how much fun it is to be a kid. I love the reckless abandonment that kids have when they are free of strollers.


Remember the Friend's episode where Phoebe goes running with Rachel? Sure we wouldn't do that now but think of how much fun you can have doing that with your kids sans the banshee screams from having too much fun. 

Whatever my kids do they are going to do it with an innocence about them. It is nice to remember the days when it was fun to swing my arms or prancercise. Just for Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment