TEXT Mommy's Home: Pear Pie Recipe

Saturday 14 September 2013

Pear Pie Recipe

I am not a baker but I love desserts. I got a bag full of pears from my wonderful neighbour. It is those miniature pears but they taste delicious. I have made a few desserts before with them but I want to try something different. After scrolling through Pinterest. I decided to make my own.








Ingredients
2 tbsp Butter
2 cups Peeled, Cored and Sliced Pears
1 cup Water
2 pods of Cardamom
1 stick of Cinnamon
1 tea bag (I used Tetley Tea Warmth)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 pkg pie crust from Pillsbury



Heat on medium a large saute pan. When hot, add butter. The butter will brown slightly. Add sliced pears. Cook pears for a couple of minutes until they are all coated in the butter. Add cardamom pods,stick of cinnamon, water and tea bag. Cook for 2 mins on medium heat then turn down to low heat.

When the pears start to soften, add sugar, ginger and nutmeg. Mix together and wait for it to start to bubble.* Remove the pears from the liquid. Turn up the heat to reduce the liquid. This will turn it into a caramel sauce. Turn the oven on to preheat to 400 deg (200F). Unroll the pastry from the package and put the first crust into a pie plate. Spoon the pears onto the pasty. Drizzle with the caramel sauce. Cover with second unrolled pastry. Pinch the edges of the two pie crusts. I cut slits in the top pie crust to let the steam out. Bake for 20 minutes. The pie should look golden brown. I dusted mine with a bit of vanilla sugar but you don't need to.


Yield 1 pie

* You can use the pears sans liquid at this point over vanilla ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment